STILEChoice Door Stiles & Rails


At first glance (or even second) you might not recognize these everyday objects. They are three-dimensional cross-sections of door parts. Think of an old-style door: there’s usually a frame going around the outside and one or more panels on the inside. These frame-y parts are called either stiles (the pieces going up and down) or rails (the pieces going across); the panels are called panels. Digital illustrations done for the good folks at IHS Doors.